Transform your smile with a smile makeover. Cosmetic dentistry is not just about aesthetics! It is also about the health of your teeth and gums and ultimately it is about restoring your smile and your self-confidence.
CONSULTATION & EXAMINATION
The first stage of the smile makeover involves sitting down with the cosmetic dentist for a consultation. During the consultation, an X-ray or photos may be taken so that the dentist can have a greater understanding of your specific requirements and treatment expectations. A physical examination will be needed to look for areas of concern or deterioration and to prepare a detailed treatment plan.
Next, a professional scale and polish is performed before impressions are taken of your teeth for a ‘wax up’ model of your existing teeth.
A dental hygienist will examine your gums during your clean to ensure they are clean and healthy in readiness for your smile makeover.
At your return visit, your dentist will sit with you and present your wax mock up. This model is a representation of what your smile could look like. A wonderful opportunity to see what is possible and discuss any modifications or changes you would like made. You may opt for Digital Smile Design which allows you to see the proposed teeth, in your mouth, as if you have completed treatment.
You will be given a treatment proposal and all details of your proposed treatment will be discussed in full with the treatment coordinator. Your treatment plan is unique. It is tailored to your specific cosmetic and functional needs. The treatment may be a simple case of teeth whitening or something more involved such as placing dental implants, requiring multiple visits.
COSMETIC TREATMENT OPTIONS
– Lasers with pin-point accuracy can even out and re-contour soft tissue (gum) quickly and with minimal discomfort.
– Veneers are a great alternative to crowns as they cover only the front surface of the tooth.
– If you have missing teeth you may require a single implant or an implant supported bridge.
– Crooked smiles can be re-aligned using removable clear plastic aligners.
– There is the latest teeth whitening technology in our clinic. It is safe to use and highly effective. You can see results within one visit if completed in office or over consecutive days if done at home.
ALL CERAMIC CROWNS AND BRIDGE
– Ceramic crowns are used in cases requiring both restorative and cosmetic dentistry. Crowns cover the entire tooth rather than just the front like veneers. A crown is used to reshape and protect deteriorating teeth for a healthier smile.
Some of the cosmetic treatment options, such as veneers and ceramic crowns, require more than one visit. While your permanent restorations are being fabricated by a specialist ceramicist in lab you will have provisional temporary teeth fitted. These teeth will look and function like teeth.
FINAL STEP: SMILE WITH CONFIDENCE
At your final visit your provisional temporary teeth will be removed, and your final crowns/ veneers or bridges will be fitted. Your bite will be checked and final photo’s will be taken. Typically, patients are seen a weeks later to re-check the bite, make any adjustments to ensure all is comfortable and polish the teeth